Date:      Wed, 10 Jan 2007 15:33:51 -0800
From:      Jeffrey Williams <jeff@sailorfej.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: documentation for make targets

Thanks Chuck,

But I got those, sorry I should have been more clear, the ones I want to
  see documentation on are the ones less commonly used like:

buildenv
check-old
checkdpadd
distribute
distributeworld
distrib-dirs
distribution
hierarchy
regress
release
rerelease

for instance "make distribution" is used in setting up jails (per the
jail man page), but no where can I find a description of what it
actually does, I tried following it through the make file chain but
wasn't able to quickly determine what exactly it does.  In must be
something exclusive of "make world", because it follows that command in
the jail setup instructions.

By the I have tried google, handbook, mailing list, and faq for these
but the most I have been able to find are rote use of these in howto's,
like the "make distribution" example above, but no descriptions of what
they do.

Thanks
Jeff