Date:      Thu, 04 Feb 1999 08:13:43 +0000
From:      Mark Dawson <md@doc.ic.ac.uk>
To:        ONE-MO <onemo@jps.net>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Compaq ida driver patch

ONE-MO,

> I finally get the thing probed correctly - I specified port 0x0 in my
> kernel configuration which allows it to detect the correct value upon
> boot. It (the probe) detects my 8Gb logical drive and all would seem
> well; until I try to access the drive in any manner (at least those I've
> tried).

The fact that you had to do this indicates to me that the EISA probe
code in the driver has not migrated happily to 3.0 from 2.2.x.  Perhaps
someone who is familiar with changes in this area can take a quick look
and advise you (and me) if there are obvious problems with it.

I'm afraid I haven't migrated my systems to 3.0 and I no longer have any
EISA cards to experiment with.

Mark