Date:      Wed, 20 Mar 2002 22:10:53 +0100
From:      Gerhard Sittig <Gerhard.Sittig@gmx.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Having trouble submitting with send_pr

On Tue, Mar 19, 2002 at 22:30 +0100, Gerhard H=E4ring wrote:
>=20
> I'm having a hard time with send_pr. I've tried several times to submit
> a maintainer update for a port, but all the mails send_pr sends seem to
> disappear in the digital nirvana. I receive no confirmation email, no
> bounces, no nothing. So I just submitted it with the web interface
> again.

You might as well use send-pr's -P switch to get a template you
can use with your favourite email client (and thus editor).  I
understand this is meant for non connected troubled machines or
circumventing other obstacles which keep you from sending mail
directly from send-pr.  But I have to admit I never used send-pr
without the -P switch (if only it was to keep the message in my
sent folder).

> I'm using Postfix and I can normally send email just fine (my mutt uses
> Postfix's sendmail).

I'm not sure what you are trying to say here.  What's so special
about "Postfix's sendmail"?  You do know how to setup your MTA,
don't you?  You did read the mailer.conf(5) manpage, didn't you?

> So I thought the problem is the wrong sendmail is used, so I created a
> config file for GNATS and set the MAIL_AGENT variable appropriately.
> Still no luck.

Your mentioning the "wrong sendmail" suggests that you should
teach your system to switch to postfix _completely_ by the means
FreeBSD hands you.  See the mailwrapper technique for details!

virtually yours   82D1 9B9C 01DC 4FB4 D7B4  61BE 3F49 4F77 72DE DA76
Gerhard Sittig   true | mail -s "get gpg key" Gerhard.Sittig@gmx.net
--=20