Date:      Mon, 19 Mar 2001 21:19:53 +0000
From:      "Aleksandar Simic'" <alex@frustum.clara.co.uk>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Local mail sending problem

Hello,

I'm having a problem sending mail locally. I've configured Sendmail to
relay my mail via my ISP's MTA, and that is how I can send mail to
this list. I've also configured procmail to distribute mail to local
users.

My .procmailrc and root's looks like this:

MAILDIR=$HOME/Mail
DEFAULT=$MAILDIR/mbox
LOGFILE=$MAILDIR/from
LOCKFILE=$MAILDIR/.lockmail

The Mail directory exists as well as the mbox and from files.

I've also edited /etc/mail/aliases and replaced root with my user
name. Afterwards I've run newaliases.

The problem is that when I run mailq I get this in the output after a
little delay:

 2171 Mon Mar 19 17:35 MAILER-DAEMON
(Deferred: local mailer (/usr/libexec/mail.local) exited with)
                                       root
4859 Mon Mar 19 17:36 MAILER-DAEMON
(Deferred: local mailer (/usr/libexec/mail.local) exited with)
                                       root

I would be very grateful if you could help me solve this
problem. Thanks in advance.

--Alex