Date:      Mon, 30 Mar 1998 10:53:42 -0500
From:      Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>
To:        John Saunders <john.saunders@scitec.com.au>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3rd IDE controller

John Saunders:
 |Are you sure you need to #define the ports. I tried just using a hex
 |number in my config file. It didn't work though, but I think that

Well, someone may have fixed config since I reported the problem, but as I
recall when I specified:

   controller wdc2 at isa? port 0x1e8 bio irq 11 flags 0xa0ffa004 vector wdintr
                                ^^^^^

This put a "(null)" string in isa_biotab_wdc[] in ioconf.c where the port
number should have been.  If you didn't hit this, then I guess someone
fixed this in config since 12/97.

 |P.S. Are those strange flag values documented somewhere?

Don't know.  Might check for wd and wdc man pages, and if not, look in
sys/i386/isa/wd*.  There should also be a number of messages in the
-current mailing list archive from last year from when the IDE DMA changes
were checked in.

Randall