Date:      Thu, 17 Jul 1997 23:23:20 -0400
From:      Chris Shenton <chris@absinthe.i3inc.com>
To:        eddie@wicked.eaznet.com
Cc:        isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Radius acct

On Thu, 17 Jul 1997 12:47:40 -0700 (MST)
Eddie Fry <eddie@Wicked.eaznet.com> wrote:

eddie> I've just set up a Livingston PM3 with RADIUS accounting.  I want to use Radius to track modem and user usage.  Does anyone know of some scripts to do this?

I have a script I originally wrote for PM2 and Livingston RADIUS,
which I subsequently rewrote for an Ascend Max and Ascend's
RADIUS. I've not had the time to back-port it to Livingston's RADIUS,
especially the detail-file changes in their RADIUS-2.0.

If you wanna give it a go, it's probably not that hard to fiddle the
patterns it searches for: making it generic to both would be a real
win; it's Perl. My day-job paid for my time to develop it, but I can't
spend any more time on it now. Feel free to use it for whatever you
want. It's at:

	http://www.it.hq.nasa.gov/~cshenton/radacct

It does some stuff specific to NASA/HQ, like X.500 directory lookups
to sort usage by department and stuff. But it will do
list-all-sessions, consolidate by user, usage by hour and by day of
week.

Sorry, but I can't provide any more support for it now...