Date:      Tue, 15 Mar 2016 11:20:37 -0500
From:      Pedro Giffuni <pfg@FreeBSD.org>
To:        benson chepkwony <bchepkwny@att.net>, FreeBSD Hackers <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Julio Merino <jmmv@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: REF: GSoC 2016 Introduction

Hi Benson;

Sorry for the delay in replying .. we all have busy lifes ;).

It is a good idea to try FreeBSD initially so that you make yourself an
idea on how things work and what to do. You could start by downloading
a VM image. There is some information about that and on getting
started in the FreeBSD Handbook:

https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/

I added some links to the "Port old-style regression tests to ATF" idea
in the wiki. I am not sure if the mentor is available but the only way
to find out is to write to him directly. I am CC'ing him for you

We try our best to put the project ideas in Wiki but you could also take
a look at previous project to see examples of projects that were
accepted and what is expected from a GSoC project.

Best of lucks,

Pedro.