Date:      Sat, 3 Oct 1998 12:31:19 -0500
From:      Frank Pawlak <fpawlak@execpc.com>
To:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Device Drivers for Linux and Intel's annoucement

On Sat, Oct 03, 1998 at 10:43:01AM -0600, Brett Glass wrote:
> At 09:18 PM 10/2/98 -0700, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:
>
> >Uh, no.  I'm taking this as a waste of my time (and of those poor
> >people who have to read this) and am reacting accordingly.
>
> This is, I'm afraid, a textbook definition of "denial."
>
> >Yeah, that's right - you did flake out once before on this, now that I
> >think about it.  So why are you even raising the issue again? :-)
>
> Jordan, again you are attacking the messenger. I doubt that Frank
> "flaked out" in any way, shape, or form. Why are you so eager to
> dismiss what he says instead of listening?
>
> --Brett Glass

Thanks Brett.  You have it about right.  Perhaps I should have stated
that you question the status quo.  But that will get pounded to hell
anyway, so it doesn't matter.  I am also aware that we are not the only
people to do that, in my research I have run across a few that have
questioned it also, and got the same treatment.

BTW, Jordan, I have written to publications about FreeBSD.  Unix Review
come rather quickly to mind.  Once I was published, and the others
rejected.  In fact the latest issue has some letters about FreeSBD
written by others, but mine were rejected.  Now by your gauge, I sure that
is my fault.

	 --Frank

"At no time is the freedom of speech more precious then when a man hits
his thumb with a hammer."
   --Marshall Lumsden