Date:      Mon, 11 Jan 1999 13:20:45 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
To:        "Carlos C. Tapang" <ctapang@easystreet.com>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: State of the union, 1999.

> Are all companies that use FreeBSD making regular donations? If not, would
> it be a good idea to have an ongoing donation solicitation program, one of
> the activities of which would be to send regular mailings (phone call,
> email, etc.) to all companies that use FreeBSD?

Not regular ones, but something which didn't involve telephone
solicitation (which I HATE) would be something I would be willing
to consider.

It's bad in the extreme and I need to fix it, but Walnut Creek CDROM
has actually had a product code called "BSDDONATE" (which you can
order like any other product at orders@cdrom.com or www.cdrom.com) so
that people can use credit cards and such to make donations for awhile
now, and this fact is simply not noted anywhere on the web pages.
Whoops. :(

> Yes, I myself did not know that Yahoo uses a farm of FreeBSD servers until I
> accidentally stumbled into it. This is a big testimonial that needs to be
> shouted from the top of mountains.

To be fair on this one, there's a great newsletter article on it and
we do shout that one from the mountain tops (probably hand out 400
copies of that newsletter alone at trade shows).

> Since I am using FreeBSD in Generic Windows, am I allowed to use "Powered by
> FreeBSD" in my website (www.genericwindows.com)?

Absolutely.

- Jordan