Date:      Mon, 28 May 2001 10:43:33 -0400
From:      Joel Dinel <dinjo@touchtunes.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Very weird cvsup problem

I use the following command to update my ports tree :

cvsup -g -L 2 /usr/src/supfile

Here's the contents of supfile :

st=cvsup.ca.freebsd.org
*default base=/usr
*default prefix=/usr
*default release=cvs tag=RELENG_4
*default delete use-rel-suffix
*default compress
ports-all tag=.

This worked well up to now. Since the last 2 weeks or so, I get the
following error when updating my source tree:

Checkout ports/www/hypermail/files/patch-docs::Makefile.in
Delete ports/www/jakarta-tomcat/files
Updater failed: Cannot delete "/usr/ports/www/jakarta-tomcat/files":
Directory not empty

and that is where cvsup stops. Surely enough, the folder is not empty. I delete the whole
'jakarta-tomcat' folder, and launch the command again. That (temporarily) solves it.

I have not modified anything in my ports tree or my cvsup script since
everything was OK. I never installed this port either.

How can I solve this ?

Thanks!

--
Joel Dinel