Date:      Sat, 06 Mar 2004 10:16:30 +0000
From:      "Umar Draz" <konn_@msn.com>
To:        freebsd-config@freebsd.org
Subject:   Please Give me Right Answer

   this is my 4th question about ipfw2 and i can't get a proper answer of
   my question.

   my question was....

   i have 2 machines

   (1) is Redhat Linux 7.3 and
   (2) FreeBSD.49

   both are connected to internet with DSL and both are different places.
   i have a cable internet
   andy my both machines has Squid and NAT

   so if i wanat block my any cable internet user in linux. i use
   iptables and i block him/her ip and MAC. like this

   iptables -A INPUT -s 192.168.0.45 -i eth0 -m mac --mac-source
   00-10-CE-60-01-5A -j REJECT

   this command fillfull my problem

   now my question is. If i want block my cable internet user in my
   FreeBSD 4.9 machine thorugh ipfw2. then what kind of command i should
   add in my /etc/ipfw.rules

   for excample i want block this ip 192.168.0.33 and this ip has this
   mac address 00-40-50-EA-CD-00.

   so please please give me right answer

   thanks and regards

   Umar Draz

   MSN 8 helps [1]ELIMINATE E-MAIL VIRUSES. Get 2 months FREE*.