Date:      Tue, 11 Jun 1996 22:55:35 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Frank Seltzer <frankd@yoda.fdt.net>
To:        root <root@netpc.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PPP question

On Tue, 11 Jun 1996, root wrote:

> I would like to know how to make a freebsd box on bootup, dial up a
> provider and establish a ppp connection automatically and if that
> connection is broken, re-establish it immediately. Does anyone know how
> to do this?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Sam

I am doing exactly the same thng you want to do as I maintain a 24/7 link
to my ISP. When I first started to set up ppp ( I assume you want to use
ppp rather than pppd ), I read the Handbook, the man page and the sample
files in /etc/ppp. These contain all the info you will need to get up and
running.

Frank
--
Only in America can a homeless veteran sleep in a cardboard box while a
draft dodger sleeps in the White House.    <unknown>