Date:      Mon, 27 Oct 1997 09:05:20 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   How do you solve...

OK.  I have a Libretto that I just purchased.  A fun box.  I'm in the
process of shrinking the FAT partition down to put FreeBSD onto the
box and have a question.

I take it back and forth between home and work.  I'd like it to have
different IP numbers at the two location.  I'd love for this to be
completely automatic.  Any chance of that happening?  Is DHCP what I
want to use?

I'll be running Win95 and FreeBSD -current (after using 2.2.2R+PAO to
get FreeBSD installed) on this box, but the FreeBSD side of the house
is the only one that I really am worried about getting easy networking
on.

I have a 3COM 3C589D ethernet card, if that matters at all.

Warner