Date:      Wed, 28 Feb 2001 10:22:12 +0100 (CET)
From:      Stefan Walter <stefan.walter@stud.udo.edu>
To:        FreeBSD-Multimedia <freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   quake-gl and sound...?

Hi everyone,

as I found out when browsing the mailinglist archives, this has been asked
before, but not answered:
When running quake-x11 from the quakeforge port, everything's fine (except
the framerate/resolution). quake-sdl works, too. However, when I start
quake-gl, I get the following:

/dev/dsp: Invalid argument
Could not set /dev/dsp to stereo=2S_Startup: SNDDMA_Init failed.

The soundcard is a SB AWE64 PnP detected correctly by the newpcm driver,
sound output is working fine with other programs.
Does one have to choose between graphics and sound here, or is it possible
to play quake-gl with sound?

Thanks in advance,
Stefan
--
Good leaders being scarce, following yourself is allowed.
http://transfer.to/dunkelkammer