Date:      Sun, 4 Feb 2001 14:04:45 +0200
From:      Uri.Shenderovich@ecitele.com
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Installation of FreeBSD with other OSes

Hi,
I was trying to install FreeBSD-4.1 with Windows98,Linux and Solaris-7.
The installation itself finished without a hitch , but after reboot
it turns out that FreeBSD wiped out the System Commander from the MBR ,
eventhough I choose the option not to install FreeBSD boot manager.
I have a single IDE HD (IBM 30 Gb) and FreeBSD was installed
within 1024 cylinders boundary at primary partition .
The primary partition was created by Partition Magic.
The first primary partition was occupied by Win98,
at the 3d primary partion resided Linux and 4th one was supposed to be
occupied by Solaris.
As I said previously FreeBSD completely destroyed the MBR and more than
this,
now it's even not possible to boot FreeBSD.
What I was doing wrong ?
Maybe somebody encountered similar situation ?

Thanks,
Uri