Date:      Mon, 28 May 2007 21:52:30 -0400
From:      Scott Robbins <scottro@nyc.rr.com>
To:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: xorg Upgrade Problem

On Mon, May 28, 2007 at 08:27:03PM -0500, Tim Daneliuk wrote:
> Tim Daneliuk wrote:
>
> It seems to have done the upgrade OK except that xkeyboard-config seems
> not to be installing - it looks like there is a bug in the port
> Makefile, but I've not had time to chase it down yet.

At one point (I'm afraid to make many guesses--most of them are for
problems I had months ago that have since been fixed) xkeyboard-config
was having a problem there being no /var/lib/xkb directory.

At that time, one sometimes also had to do

mv /usr/local/share/X11/xkb to /usr/local/share/X11/xkb.old

> If I try to explicitly install the xf86.... video driver port,
> it blows out because of a dependency on xkeyboard-config.

Again, I don't know that the solutions I gave are still relevant, but
perhaps they are.  At least in the problems that were going on awhile
ago, (several months back) the usual problem was an error in that there
was no /var/lib/xkb.  The error in xkeyboard-config would specifically
state that that was the error.

--

Scott Robbins

PGP keyID EB3467D6
( 1B48 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2 A409 FA54 EB34 67D6 )

Buffy: Mom, the only way you get a new slayer is if the old
slayer dies.
Joyce: Then that means you... When did you die? You never told me
you died.
Buffy: It was just for a few minutes.