Date:      Mon, 1 Jun 2015 13:00:45 -0400
From:      Jerry <jerry@seibercom.net>
To:        FreeBSD FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: best options for a *WORKING* MTA

--Sig_/EbngM9m8eN+EJ/kdt6Wv6u6

On Mon, 1 Jun 2015 12:48:46 -0400, Aryeh Friedman stated:

> I have tried every which way I can find in the handbook and/or on the net
> to get a working mail server and the best I can do get the default sendma=
il
> to answer on localhost only (postfix seems to be completely broken).
> Where can I find a good *SIMPLE* set of instructions on how to set up a
> working mail server to accept mail for my domain?

Seriously, if you cannot get Postfix to work, and it basically works "out of
the box", perhaps administering to a mail server is not a wise idea. It
sounds to me like you will end up getting your entire network blacklisted.

By the way, did you disable and shutdown SendMail BEFORE starting Postfix? =
In
addition, do you even have a dedicated IP address?

--=20
Jerry