Date:      Mon, 21 Sep 1998 08:04:27 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Charles Youse <cyouse@artemis.syncom.net>
To:        Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
Cc:        ben@rosengart.com, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: shouting in a void?

On Mon, 21 Sep 1998, Mark Murray wrote:

> Snob Art Genre wrote:
> > I don't want to sound like a whiner, but it would be *really* nice if
> > either someone had alerted me to the fact that I wasn't giving enough
> > information, or if the panic message mentioned this necessary bit.
> > Yes, I should probably have read more of the handbook.
>
> That sounds like support. Current is simply not supported. Good advice
> about the handbook, though...

Current may not be "supported", but those running -current comprise our
only alpha and beta test groups.  The bug reports submitted by these
individuals provide valuable information that serves only to improve
the final product (e.g., 3.0R).  Ignoring such reports defeats the purpose
of giving the public access to -current sources, and also shows a lack of
concern on the part of the core team members.

My intent is not to ruffle any feathers, but simply to express the
concerns that are certainly shared by other members of the user base.  PR
is, as always, of utmost importance, and despite everyone's busy schedule,
we can't afford to let it suffer.

Chuck Youse
cyouse@syncom.net