Date:      Fri, 16 Apr 1999 11:02:51 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Brian Beattie <beattie@aracnet.com>
To:        Colin Eric Johnson <colinj@cs.unm.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PAO, SCSI and Adaptec 1460?

On Fri, 16 Apr 1999, Colin Eric Johnson wrote:

> I was taking a look at the PAO page today and noticed that there was not a
> floppy image for 3.1. I then checked the list of supported cards and found

you say there was NOT a floppy image?  I would then take it that PAO
does not yet work with 3.x.

> the following:
> SCSI
>         Adaptec SlimSCSI APA-1460B                      OK      aic
>
> I'm wondering if someone can confirm that the PAO installation does work
> with the Adaptec SlimSCSI APA-1460* card(s). I have one and would love to
> be able to use it under FreeBSD but up until now the aic driver was not
> supported as it had not made it onto the CAM bus. Has this changed? Does
> the PAO installation include support of the aic driver?
>
> thanks.

As far as I know, I am the only person working on the aic driver for CAM,
it is not yet done.  It may be that PAO supports the aic driver under the
older SCSI framework.  If somebody has an aic driver working under CAM I'd
love to hear about it.

Brian Beattie            | The only problem with
beattie@aracnet.com      | winning the rat race ...
www.aracnet.com/~beattie | in the end you're still a rat