Date:      Tue, 21 May 1996 12:03:26 -0500
From:      John Clark <jrclark@felix.iupui.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Assorted (annoying?) "beginners" questions:

Assorted (annoying?) "beginners" questions:

1)  Every time I "su" from a telnet session, a notification
    is posted to the server's console.  How do I stop this?

2)  Where are the login promptings kept?  For example, the
    default login promptings:

	login:
	Password:

    But I may want:

	login: myname
	myname's password:

3)  I know that "The Regents of the University of California"
    hold the copyright, how do I stop a telnet session from
    telling me that every time I login?

	Copyright (c) 1980, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1990, 1991, 1993, 1994
        	The Regents of the University of California.   All rights reserved.

Also, I have not been able to find info on making an
"Emergency Boot Disk."  Could someone point me point
me in the proper direction?

Thanks again;

		--John
		[jrclark@indy.net]