Date:      Mon, 23 Nov 1998 20:19:32 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Crist J. Clark" <cjc@cc942873-a.ewndsr1.nj.home.com>
To:        wgo@mail.wnet.com.mx (W Grande Olguin)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Email Server Question

W Grande Olguin wrote,
> Hi:
> I am working with the freeBSD 2.2.2 version and the Email Server
> qpop-2.2
> It does the job but I would like more  faster answers specially with
> high traffic.

I don't know exactly what you mean by 'faster answers?' Do you mean
the apparent delay to the user who pulls down their mail via POP from
another machine?

> I have a PC with 64 MB and 233 MHZ pentium.

My gut feeling is any delay you see is the network and not the PC. I
just built a mail server on an old Pentium machine and the only lag
you feel on mail operations is (1) netlag or possibly (2) the read
from the IDE HD. What is your network setup?

> Any suggestion ?

You might want to update to a mail package that carries an IMAP server
if any of your users are interested.