Date:      Tue, 16 Sep 2008 13:47:45 -0400
From:      "Alexander Sack" <pisymbol@gmail.com>
To:        "Jason Selwitz" <jselwitz@vvisions.com>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: scsi errors when trying to move tapes.

On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 10:36 AM, Jason Selwitz <jselwitz@vvisions.com> wrote:
> I am running a FreeBSD 7.0 server with a Qlogic 2460 FC HBA installed and
> directl connected t othe HBA is a Spectra Logic Tape library, the Library
> contains 50 slots, one picker and one IBM Ultrium LTO-4 drive. the system
> boots and ercognizes all of the hardware however the isp drive sees the
> Qlogic card as a 2432 see below.
>
> isp0: <Qlogic ISP 2432 PCI FC-AL Adapter> port 0x5000-0x50ff mem
> 0xc6ffc000-0xc6ffffff irq 19 at device 0.0 on pci7

Its the version of the ISP I believe on the card, not the card itself
- so the 2460 FC HBA uses a 2432 ISP chip.  We couldn't care less what
QLogic calls it!  :D

Trimming the rest which is also useful but I have some basic questions:

-  I looked up your tape device because I remember from FC tape that
one of the commands got deprecated (I think A7 not A5) and the Python
2K is a SCSI tape device, can I assume you are using the ATTO SCSI/FC
bridge which Spectra recommends/ships with it?  If so, are you sure
that is configured properly to relay all commands (apparently you can
login into the bridge and verify the unit)?

- Is FC tape support enabled in the QLogic BIOS out of curiosity?
[what's weird is I have no idea what the SCSI/FC bridge thing does in
this scenario]

These are just some basic questions to get started.  I haven't used or
seen a tape changer in a long time!  :D

-aps