Date:      Mon, 13 Nov 2000 22:30:41 -0800 (PST)
From:      John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CVSup Source Code

In article <20001113210130.A22013@pir.net>,
Peter Radcliffe  <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG> wrote:
> Tony Finch <dot@dotat.at> probably said:
> >
> > You can't cvsup -STABLE src_all and ports with the same supfile
> > because the ports tree isn't tagged and cvsup doesn't support multiple
> > tags in the same supfile. You must use a separate supfile for src and
> > ports.
>
> You can, it just doesn't support multiple _default_ tags.

Hey, I know this is a radical suggestion, but maybe next time you guys
could try reading the manual page which I so painstakingly wrote from
scratch?  Trust me, it'll take less work for you to read it than it
took for me to write it.  Here's what it says about the topic at hand:

     Default settings may be specified in lines whose collection
     name is *default. Such defaults will apply to subsequent lines
     in the supfile.  Multiple *default lines may be present.  New
     values augment or override any defaults specified earlier in the
     supfile. Values specified explicitly for a collection override
     any default values.

The only thing that's not allowed multiple times in a single supfile
is "host".

John