Date:      Tue, 11 Jun 1996 22:57:14 -0400
From:      David Gilbert <dgilbert@isgtec.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   New 960611 'Boot' disk.

I was happily trying to ftp the 950501 snapshot when someone ftp'd it out
from under me.  After I realized what was happening, I started to ftp down
the 960611 snapshot set.

Now... since I've got this really dumb laptop and broken serial ports on
my BSDI workstation, I'm forced to install from floppy.  At one point,
I realized that the install was failing because I had the old boot disk.
This meant that it was looking for the wrong number of certain sequences
of files and failing.

Anyways, I got the 960611 boot disk... and it works... to a point.  When
I boot from it, and choose floppies as my media, it fails.  It only looks
for the .tgz version of the files.

Can this be corrected quickly?

|David Gilbert, ISG, Mississauga, Ontario.    | Two things can only be     |
|Mail:      dgilbert@isgtec.com               |  equal if and only if they |
|http://www.pci.on.ca/~dgilbert               |   are precisely opposite.  |