Date:      17 Feb 2003 17:10:03 -0500
From:      Lowell Gilbert <freebsd-questions-local@be-well.no-ip.com>
To:        massey@rmci.net
Cc:        <judmarc@fastmail.fm>, <chip.wiegand@simrad.com>, <mykroft@explosive.mail.net>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, <owner-freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Music CDROM - Wont even read Music CD

<massey@rmci.net> writes:

> Sorry must not have been clear. The Music CD's data does not even show up.
> Data CD like FreeBSD 5.0 or Office do show up. I tried 10 or 12 CD's with
> music and got the same error.
> They mount at startup so I am not mounting the CD drive.
>
> Very odd!

Not at all.  To repeat:  Music CDs do *not* get mounted.

The error you're getting is telling you that there is not ISO 9660
filesystem on the CD, which is true; ISO 9660 is the format for data
CDs, and is *not* used for music CDs.

You just use a CD-playing application, and you do *not* attempt to
mount music CDs.