Date:      Fri, 14 Mar 1997 08:35:31 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Eivind Eklund <eivind@dimaga.com>
Cc:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: "The competition"

> At 10:40 PM 3/13/97 -0800, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:
> >> Full page ad in Sysadmin Magazine.  I wish we could afford that.  *sigh*
> >
> >We could, actually.  It's not as hard as you think.
>
> The last time my corporation paid for a similar ad (full page in a
> reasonably specialized trade magazine) I seem to remember paying about
> $15k.  Unless we can get them to give us an _extremely_ cheap ad, I can't
> see how we can afford it if we can't even afford to replace spatter :-(

We don't.  Walnut Creek CDROM does, and it's a more than effective
advertising vehicle for them if the advertisement is done right (and
it's an operating expense they can deduct from taxes :).  It's simply,
as I said before, the case that neither WC nor us have the kinds of
personnel to handle advertising on that scale and so we don't do it.
$15K is a lot cheaper than a full-time advertising exec, and that's
what we *really* can't afford here. :-)

> Besides, that was a damn good text.  We'd need somebody that both could
> come up with that kind of idea, have the technical insight, and can polish
> it off that way.

Exactly.

					Jordan