Date:      17 Jun 2002 12:35:20 -0400
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        =?ISO-8859-1?Q?S=F8ren?= Neigaard <neigaard@e-box.dk>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How do I only permit some IP's to access FTP?

On Mon, 2002-06-17 at 12:23, S=F8ren Neigaard wrote:
> I have tried to alter my hosts.allow like this:
>=20
> ftpd : localhost : allow
> ftpd : MY_IP : allow
> ftpd : ALL : deny
>=20
> But still everybody can FTP to my box, what am I missing?

Are you running inetd with the -w flag?  If your inetd doesn't support
the -w flag, are you running ftpd through tcpd?  Are you sure you're
using ftpd, and not something like proftpd?  Do you have an allow line
before this that could be messing with things.  hosts.allow is processed
until the first matching rule is found.

Joe

>=20
> --
> Med venlig hilsen/Best regards,
>  S=F8ren Neigaard mailto:neigaard@e-box.dk
> --
>  "Perfection is reached, not when there is no longer anything to add, but=
 when there is no longer anything to take away. "
>=20
>=20
>=20
--=20