Date:      Thu, 30 Nov 2000 14:14:23 -0600
From:      "Matt Bettinger" <mattb@finsyn.com>
To:        "'FreeBSD Stable '" <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   IPFilter...

Still reading on this ipfilter for use with ppp0.  I made a set of rules
andd tested them out with ipftest and it just hung there.  in controlled c
out of it no problem.  Whatever.

I am cinfused  as to what i should use for my ip on a dynamic ppp
connection.  This is really starting to get agravating.    should the first
line of a  set of rules be

map ppp0 0/0 -> 0/32      ??

if i added this then i would need to have natd  running?  If i have natd
running i need to use something -dynamic in my rc.conf as well ?

i'm about to give up here pretty much wasted all day at work searching for
just ONE set of examples which included  device ppp0,   a dynamic dialup
connection, and the use of 0/32.  I don't know where these people are
getting these ip addresses on dynamic connections to put them in their
rulesets.  do they just make up the internal ip address?

Matt