Date:      Thu, 20 Feb 1997 08:40:04 +0900 (JST)
From:      Michael Hancock <michaelh@cet.co.jp>
To:        Joe Greco <jgreco@solaria.sol.net>
Cc:        "David E. Cross" <dec@phoenix.its.rpi.edu>, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   2.2 Stability (was Re: another victim..)

On Wed, 19 Feb 1997, Joe Greco wrote:

> On the other hand, 2.1.X has been proven by time and fire to be a STABLE
> and RELIABLE OS.  My Web server is setting site uptime records:
>
>  2:39PM  up 195 days, 23:22, 1 user, load averages: 0.21, 0.18, 0.15

I've been running 2.2 since it was "current" with apache for 5 months and
it's *never* fallen over.  The longest uptime was around 65 days, but that
was because it was taken down for kernel updates.

The web serving load isn't very high though, httpd is generating about
30MB of logs every month.

Regards,

Mike Hancock