Date:      Sun, 9 Aug 1998 12:51:54 -0400 (EDT)
From:      ADRIAN Filipi-Martin <adrian@ubergeeks.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions List <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   slow amanda dumps?

Hi folks,

	I have amanda-2.4.0p1 running with a 2.2.6 FreeBSD box as the tape
server.  I am backing up a mix of Solaris, FreeBSD and Digital boxes, and
am having a preculiar problem.

	When the FreeBSD and Digital clients are dumping the transfer
rates between the client and the server is abysmal.  It is on the order of
50-100KB/s.  All of the affected hosts are on a switched 100Mb/s hub, so
connectivity is good.  I can even do a "dump -0f - | rsh tapeserver dd
of=/dev/null" and I consistently get throughputs of a 800KB/s or better.
This is about what the other clients are getting normally.

	Has anyone else seen this problem?  The folks on the amanda lists
haven't been much help on this one.

thanks,

	Adrian
--