Date:      Mon, 18 Sep 2000 16:52:54 -0500 (CDT)
From:      BWS - Offwhite <brennan@offwhite.net>
To:        =?iso-8859-1?Q?P=E5l_Sommerhein?= <pms@chello.no>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Seagate TapeStore STT220000NRF

Did you ever get this Tapestore device?  I have one now and would like to
run on compression in the dirve.

mt -f /dev/rsa0 comp on

That does not appear to work once I run the following command.

mt -f /dev/rsa0 status

The default for mt is actually /dev/rsa0 but I do it for redundancy.  I am
able to write backups to the tape and also restore them.

Any ideas here?

Brennan Stehling - web developer and sys admin
projects: www.greasydaemon.com | www.onmilwaukee.com | www.sncalumni.com