Date:      Tue, 14 Nov 2000 01:29:01 -0500
From:      JT <luser@ahab.com>
To:        Peter Philipp <pjp@daemonium.com>
Cc:        Rod Taylor <rbt@zort.on.ca>, chat@gtabug.org, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: gtabug - Problems with Firewall????

tcpdump is an excellent place to start.  Certain ssh clients talking
to certain ssh servers have, in my experience, resulted in funny stuff
- window size going to zero and staying there - that is really best
 detected via tcpdump.  Interference from firewall rules can be easily
inferred this way, too.

But occasionally it's something simpler like key regeneration on a slow
machine more interested in other things - this is where ssh -v can
give you hints that something is moving so slowly you it just looks
stuck...

--