Date:      Fri, 20 Dec 2002 10:38:48 +0100
From:      Dan Lukes <dan@obluda.cz>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ipfw and rule 65535

James Pace wrote, On 12/18/02 22:25:

> (No reply in -questions, so trying here. Thanks.)
>
> Here is the end of the output from 'ipfw show':
>
> 04000   0     0 deny log ip from any to any
> 65535  91  8227 deny     ip from any to any
>
> Can anyone explain why the last rule is getting hit?  I was under the
> impression that the rules are traversed in order, so 4000 should catch
> anything that 65535 would.

	From the booting time, just before the rule 4000 has been loaded ?

	During reloads of firewall (as the firewall table is flushed for a
short time).

	It didn't explain why the rule 4000 has no hit - unless you reloaded
firewall just before you grab the sample.

							Dan

--
Dan Lukes     tel: +420 2 21914205, fax: +420 2 21914206
root of  FIONet, KolejNET,  webmaster  of www.freebsd.cz