Date:      Thu, 10 Dec 1998 17:26:53 +0000
From:      Roger Hardiman <roger@cs.strath.ac.uk>
To:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG, smp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   SMP and PCMCIA card controllers give kernel panic

Hi,

Does the 3.0-RELEASE PCMCIA controller code work with SMP kernels?
It keeps crashing the kernel during the boot sequence on my server.

I have a desktop PC with an ISA PCMCIA adapter controller card
which has two PCMCIA modem cards plugged in.
It was a Dual Pentium II motherboard, but until now, I only had
one CPU.

I have just added a 2nd Pentium II to my server and built a SMP
kernel.
But this new SMP kernel crashes during the boot sequence if I
include the PCMCIA controller in my kernel config file.
Without PCMCIA support, the machine boots fine with SMP support.

Does anyone know anything about this?
If someone is offering to help, I'll build a debug kernel and hook
up a serial line to another FreeBSD machine and find the crash
point.

Bye
Roger