Date:      Tue, 6 Mar 2001 11:27:15 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Jean-Christophe Varaillon <jcv@vbc.net>
To:        "Andy [TECC NOPS]" <andy@tecc.co.uk>
Cc:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>, freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: - TFTP: Time out -

I precise that I can download file from Router to  my FreeBSD machine and
not from my FreeBSD machine to the Cisco router.

TFTP Methode:
---
Router#copy tftp flash
Address or name of remote host [x.x.x.48]?
Source filename [tftpboot/c3640-i-mz.120-7.XK1.bin]?
Destination filename [c3640-i-mz.120-7.XK1.bin]?
Accessing tftp://x.x.x.48/tftpboot/c3640-i-mz.120-7.XK1.bin...
%Error opening tftp://x.x.x.48/tftpboot/c3640-i-mz.120-7.XK1.bin
(Timed out)
Router#
---

FTP Methode:
---
Router#copy ftp://x.x.x.48/tftpboot/c3640-i-mz.120-7.XK1.bin flash:
Destination filename [c3640-i-mz.120-7.XK1.bin]?
Accessing ftp://x.x.x.48/tftpboot/c3640-i-mz.120-7.XK1.bin...
%Error opening ftp://x.x.x.48/tftpboot/c3640-i-mz.120-7.XK1.bin
(Protocol error)
Router#
---

This is the sample of /etc/inetd.conf:
---
ftp     stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/libexec/ftpd       ftpd -l
#telnet stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/libexec/telnetd    telnetd
#shell  stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/libexec/rshd       rshd
#login  stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/libexec/rlogind    rlogind
#finger stream  tcp     nowait/3/10 nobody /usr/libexec/fingerd fingerd -s
#exec   stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/libexec/rexecd     rexecd
#uucpd  stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/libexec/uucpd      uucpd
#nntp   stream  tcp     nowait  usenet  /usr/libexec/nntpd      nntpd
# run comsat as root to be able to print partial mailbox contents w/ biff,
# or use the safer tty:tty to just print that new mail has been received.
#comsat dgram   udp     wait    tty:tty /usr/libexec/comsat     comsat
#ntalk  dgram   udp     wait    tty:tty /usr/libexec/ntalkd     ntalkd
tftp    dgram   udp     wait    root    /usr/libexec/tftpd      tftpd -l
-s /tftpboot
#bootps dgram   udp     wait    root    /usr/libexec/bootpd     bootpd
---

where:
---
%cd /
%ls -l
drwxr-xr-x   2 nobody  nobody      512 Mar  5 18:37 tftpboot
---

Regards,
Jean-Christophe.