Date:      Tue, 25 Jul 2000 13:36:30 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Blaz Zupan <blaz@amis.net>
To:        freebsd-isdn@freebsd.org
Subject:   Two channel answering machine

I'll be using i4b purely as an answering machine, connected to a PBX. I have
it accepting and recording calls just fine, but only on one channel. I'm using
FreeBSD 4.0-RELEASE with the included i4b. I use a modified answer script to
achieve what I want.

My first try was this:

entry
name                    = I4BTEL
usrdevicename           = tel
usrdeviceunit           = 0
isdncontroller          = 0
isdnchannel             = -1
local-phone-incoming    = NotAvailable
remote-phone-incoming   = *
dialin-reaction         = answer
answerprog              = tajnica
b1protocol              = raw
idletime-incoming       = 5
#alert                  = 3

This works just fine for one channel, but the second channel does not pick up,
probably because the one entry is already in use.

So I modified this to the following:

entry
name                    = I4BTEL1
usrdevicename           = tel
usrdeviceunit           = 0
isdncontroller          = 0
isdnchannel             = 1
local-phone-incoming    = NotAvailable
remote-phone-incoming   = *
dialin-reaction         = answer
answerprog              = tajnica
b1protocol              = raw
idletime-incoming       = 5
#alert                  = 3

entry
name                    = I4BTEL2
usrdevicename           = tel
usrdeviceunit           = 0
isdncontroller          = 0
isdnchannel             = 2
local-phone-incoming    = NotAvailable
remote-phone-incoming   = *
dialin-reaction         = answer
answerprog              = tajnica
b1protocol              = raw
idletime-incoming       = 5
#alert                  = 3

One entry only picks up for ISDN channel 1, the other entry picks up for
channel 2. When the first caller comes in, everything works as expected. When
the second caller comes in, sound for the first caller stops and the second
caller hears nothing and the channel is disconnected after a couple of
seconds.

So I created two answer scripts, with just this:

#!/bin/sh
echo $* >/tmp/channel1
sleep 20

#!/bin/sh
echo $* >/tmp/channel2
sleep 20

I called in twice and then looked at the channel1 and channel2 files. Both
specified that they were called with -D /dev/i4btel0. Obviously they can't be
using the same device, that's why it doesn't work.

So my next task was to create two answer scripts and hardcode the devices into
them. The first one always uses /dev/i4btel0, the second one always uses
/dev/i4btel1. Calling in twice after that paniced the machine.

The machine this is running on is being used for other tasks as well so I
can't do any debugging on it. I hope 'll be able to make another test setup
like this on another machine to be able to debug it.

If anybody else has an idea what might be going wrong, please send me an
email!

Blaz Zupan,  Medinet d.o.o, Linhartova 21, 2000 Maribor, Slovenia
E-mail: blaz@amis.net, Tel: +386-2-320-6320, Fax: +386-2-320-6325