Date:      Fri, 21 Jan 2000 16:55:02 -0600 (CST)
From:      Gene Harris <zeus@tetronsoftware.com>
To:        Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
Cc:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>, freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Some observations on stream.c and streamnt.c

Wes,

SP5 and SP6 made some pretty big revisions to the TCP stack.
That's why I was meticulous on reporting SP6a.  It does make
a difference.

I am now sitting here with the machine hooked to a 100 MB
network with the attacking machine on the other side of a T3
at telepath.com.  We cannot see any affect on the NT Server,
running IIS and SQL Server as a custom web provider.  This
is a production machine.

*Gene Harris      http://www.tetronsoftware.com*
*FreeBSD Novice                                *
*All ORBS.org SMTP connections are denied!     *