Date:      Sat, 13 May 1995 22:51:19 +0800 (CST)
From:      Brian Tao <taob@gate.sinica.edu.tw>
To:        Satoshi Asami | =?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCQHUbKEI=?= =?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCOCsbKEIgGyRCOC0bKEI=?= <asami@CS.Berkeley.EDU>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Large installations of FreeBSD?

On Fri, 12 May 1995, Satoshi Asami | =?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCQHUbKEI=?= =?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCOCsbKEIgGyRCOC0bKEI=?= wrote:

> (1) The machine is "large", i.e., lots of memory/disk, large number of
>     users/ftp/http connections (e.g., wcarchive, Brian Tao's www site)

    Keep in mind that my "WWW site" is a *benchmark* only, and one can
usually make a case against benchmarks no matter how well-designed
they are.  I am quite confident that a FreeBSD is in general robust
enough to handle heavy server duty, if you give it good equipment on
which to run.
taob@gate.sinica.edu.tw <-- work ........ play --> taob@io.org