Date:      Mon, 19 Mar 2001 16:23:27 -0500
From:      Jim Mock <mij@osdn.com>
To:        Kyle <freebsd@sysmach.com>
Cc:        FREEBSD-QUESTIONS@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: books|mags|e-zines|txtfiles|htmlfiles|

On Mon, 19 Mar 2001 at 13:12:41 -0800, Kyle wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am relatively new to the UNIX and freeBSD environment, and was
> wondering if someone would tell me where(other than freebsd.org) I can
> get more information on this. I would prefer an online source so that
> I can print those out, without spending a fortune on books. I would be
> interested in general issues, plus security. :) thanks !

New or not, have you bothered searching?  Google returns a bunch of
useful stuff if you search for "FreeBSD".  Browse around the FreeBSD.org
site while you're at it, there's stuff all over the place, you just need
to actually go look for it.  Be prepared to read lots and lots of docs,
which is something new for those coming from the Windows world.

- jim

--
- jim mock <mij@osdn.com> - O|S|D|N - open source development network -
- http://www.freebsdzine.org/ - jim@freebsdzine.org - jim@FreeBSD.org -