Date:      Thu, 04 Apr 1996 02:39:01 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org, gibbs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: NO_PACKAGE and NO_CDROM

>  * I'm running one right now for a `ports-all' collection and will see
>  * how it looks.  If it runs less than 10 minutes and doesn't show up as
>  * the #1 culprit in top, I'll probably let it live.
>
> Well I don't know when you started it but it just finished.  The final
> size was 1294KB.  I'd say that's a go, it's smaller than most of the
> sendmails! :)

I agree, especially if we remove all the small collections which
result in some 30 different supscans being run and can hardly be
optimal either.

Anyone object to the idea of ports-{foo,bar,...} going away and being
replaced by one ports-all?  Does anyone here even sup a partial
ports tree?  I know that I never have..

					Jordan