Date:      Fri, 9 Aug 1996 11:28:25 -0700
From:      "Josef C. Grosch" <jgrosch@xsvr2.cup.hp.com>
To:        Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SYSV msg, sem, shm interface

On Aug 9, 10:48am, Terry Lambert wrote:
> Subject: Re: SYSV msg, sem, shm interface
> > 	Are there any manpages/dox available on the subject of
> > SYSV IPC (as implemented in FreeBSD)? I know there is ipctut,
> > but it covers only pipes & sockets.
>
> UNIX Press publishes SVR4 manuals, which are probably what you
> want.
>
> You could also refer to the SunOS manuals, if you have access.
>
> Finally, you should consider using mmap instead.
>

> 					Terry Lambert
> 					terry@lambert.org
> ---
> or previous employers.
>-- End of excerpt from Terry Lambert

UNIX Network programing by Stevens is an excellent book on the subject of IPC.
He has a very good section on SYSV IPC and, if I remember right, FreeBSD
version of SYSV IPC is very close to what Stevens talks about.

Josef

--
Josef Grosch, 47LG4 | "Laugh while you can, | My opinions are mine, not
jgrosch@cup.hp.com  |    monkey boy!"       | HPs. They have'nt paid for