Date:      Tue, 18 Nov 1997 11:20:48 +0100 (CET)
From:      Mariusz Potocki <potok@friko.onet.pl>
To:        Dave Hodge <dlhodge@ix.netcom.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Netscape 3.X error messages

On 15-Nov-97 Dave Hodge wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I'am running FreeBSD 2.2.2, and when I run my Netscape Browser I get the
>following error messages:
>
>(Title Bar lable " Netscape: Subprocess diagnostics (stdout/stderr)")
>
>"warning : Translation table syntax error"
>"warning : Found while parsing <Key> osfActivate: Primitive parent
>Activate()"
>
><<stderr diagnostics have been truncated>>
>
>Just so you know I did read the README that came with the Netscape
>installation package. Also I did replace my XKeysymDB file with that of
>XKeysymDB.net.
>
>Finally, I just wanted you to know that my backspace key doesn't work
>either.
>
>I'm Saying Thank you in advance.
>
>Dave Hodge
>dlhodge@ix.netcom.com

In case that you use csh:
In ~/.cshrc insert line
setenv XKEYSYMDB=/where/you/put/netscape/XKeysymDB

In case that you use sh:
In ~/.profile insert line
export XKEYSYMDB=/where/you/put/netscape/XKeysymDB

In case of problems set also MOZILLA_HOME to directory with netscape.

Mariusz

        "verba volant,
                scripta manent"