Date:      Thu, 6 Jun 1996 13:46:24 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      grog@lemis.de (Greg Lehey)
To:        denniso@iscni.com (Dennis Oszuscik)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Makeing a boot floppy.img

Dennis Oszuscik writes:

> The boot floppy.img that comes with the CD will not see my ether
> card. the address it looks at is 280 and I have an old ne2000
> with an address of 320.

You don't need a new boot floppy for this.  Use the configuration
editor, as somebody else described.

> How can I make a boot floppy that I can use to see my ether and load
> from the CD.

Currently only with much pain, I'm afraid.  You first need to build a
complete release, and the boot floppy comes out as a by-product.
Count on several hundred megabytes of disk and a couple of days of
compilation.  Yes, we should improve on this.

Greg