Date:      Sun, 07 Jan 1996 09:34:06 -0800
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@freefall.freebsd.org>
To:        didier@aida.org
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HELP! ahcdriver

>Hi
>
>I "supped" last night. Now when I try to compile the kernel
>I get the following message:
>
>ioconf.o: Undefined symbol `_ahcdriver' referenced from data segment
>
>Thanks for your help

Are you subscribed to the stable mailing list?  I posted a message about
how your kernel config file must change to support the new aic7xxx driver.

Your kernel config entries should be of the form:

controller ahc0

If you have any entries that don't look like that, replace or remove them.
You will also need "controller eisa0" if you have eisa bt or adaptec cards.

--
Justin T. Gibbs
  FreeBSD: Turning PCs into workstations