Date:      Fri, 06 Feb 2004 20:22:51 +0800
From:      "Zhang Weiwu" <weiwuzhang@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   to let dhclient renew ip address

I am using a notebook (5.2 on a Thinkpad T40). Sometimes I move it from one
room to another (managed by different dhcp server), and I cannot figure out
a fast way to tell the dhclient(8) to renew my address.

I read the manuals. It seems the only way I can do is to:

weiwu>su
(su to root)
#setenv interface fxp0
#setenv reason RENEW
#dhclient-script
(.... dhclient output)

Isn't there a faster way to do it? I am courious why not dhclient be
designed to just renew the address upon receiving a signal, say INT?