Date:      Sun, 28 May 2000 16:19:41 +0100
From:      "Roger Bacon" <Roger@aeon-uk.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   hostname

Hello
  I have a home network. FreeBSD is running as the only non MSWIN machine
out of 5, all connected to the outside by going through one MSWIN machine
with winroute pro as a gateway/DCHP server. DCHP server is not picking up
the hostname of the FreeBSD machine although it is assigning an IP address,
and on the FreeBSD machine apache is complaining 'unable to gethostbyname'.
when I logon to the FreeBSD it tells me its hostname, as does hostname.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Roger Bacon