Date:      Wed, 30 Apr 2003 00:42:45 -0700
From:      Luigi Rizzo <rizzo@icir.org>
To:        Max Khon <fjoe@iclub.nsu.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IPDIVERT

On Wed, Apr 30, 2003 at 02:31:14PM +0700, Max Khon wrote:
> hi, there!
> On Tue, Apr 29, 2003 at 11:05:29PM +0300, Ruslan Ermilov wrote:
> > > I have a suggestion to build GENERIC and ipfw.ko with IPDIVERT by default
> > > or change IPDIVERT to NOIPDIVERT and build boot kernels with NOIPDIVERT.
> > > The main goal is to allow to use NAT with stock kernels and ipfw.ko.
> AFAIK there is no possibility to add IPPROTO_DIVERT dynamically to
> inetsw[]. Some fields of 'struct ipq' are under #ifdef IPDIVERT as well.
> ipfw code under #ifdef IPDIVERT are just `case' labels and strings in printf's
> (like "ipdivert enabled"). In other words is it really
> worth splitting ipdivert into separate .ko module? Changing IPDIVERT to
> NOIPDIVERT will be cleaner in my opinion.

indeed, i believe we should make the main part of IPDIVERT processing
(in ip_input.c, ip_output.c, ip_fw2.c and ip_var.h) non-optional
(this would also allow a better realignment of fields in struct ipq)
and only make the code in ip_divert.c a module

	cheers
	luigi
  Luigi RIZZO, luigi@iet.unipi.it  . Dip. di Ing. dell'Informazione
  http://www.iet.unipi.it/~luigi/  . Universita` di Pisa
  TEL/FAX: +39-050-568.533/522     . via Diotisalvi 2, 56122 PISA (Italy)
  Mobile   +39-347-0373137