Date:      Tue, 9 Feb 1999 09:24:12 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        Garrett Wollman <wollman@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu>
Cc:        Eivind Eklund <eivind@FreeBSD.ORG>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cleanup of rc.conf ( -4.x )

:>> the /conf/ME softlink by mount_union'ing a small MFS
:
:> Union mounts do not work, and I believe they are some distance from
:> working (unless you have better patches than I do, of course).
:
:Last I checked, union mounts work just fine, thank you very much.
:unionfs (which should have been called `translucentfs') is what
:doesn't work.
:
:-GAWollman

    union mounts are broken.  I must have panic'd my test box 50 times
    trying to get them to work.

    null mounts are also broken -- mmap()ing NFS based files through a null
    mount doesn't work, amoung other things.

    Fortunately I found another way using the less sophisticated
    -o union type of mount ( verses the more sophisticated mount_union ).

					-Matt
					Matthew Dillon
					<dillon@backplane.com>

:--
:Garrett A. Wollman   | O Siem / We are all family / O Siem / We're all the same
:wollman@lcs.mit.edu  | O Siem / The fires of freedom
:Opinions not those of| Dance in the burning flame
:MIT, LCS, CRS, or NSA|                     - Susan Aglukark and Chad Irschick