Date:      Sat, 13 May 2000 22:42:25 -0400
From:      Kent Hauser <kent@lab1.tfd.com>
To:        kent@lab1.tfd.com, msmith@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: make release problem

Curious.

I've done several (say a dozen) make release builds in the last 4 months
of 4.0-CURRENT & 5.0-CURRENT. The previous one was about 2 weeks ago.
I've never had "vn" in my kernel, nor had a problem. Maybe something
in the latest "loadable kernel modules" synchronization/version control
changes have prevented automatic loading? In any event, I've never had
this trouble before.

For what it's worth, today after I got "make world" to work, I rebuilt
my kernel & did a make release (for my other machines). I had to add
"vn" to my kernel for the first time to get "release" to work.

You mileage may vary....

Kent