Date:      Sat, 29 Jan 2000 17:42:31 -0700
From:      Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
To:        "Michael Bryan" <fbsd-security@ursine.com>, freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Continual DNS requests from mysterious IP

At 09:42 AM 1/29/2000 , Michael Bryan wrote:

>If somebody has manually setup their system to use you as a DNS resolver,
>then you will get packets for any and all DNS requests they make, no matter
>where they are on the Internet.

Which brings up a question I've had for a long time. When I set up a
system as a NAT router, I would like to assign names to the internal
machines (e.g. on 10.x.x.x) so that the POP server and other programs
that do DNS queries are happy. (It also makes the logs more readable.)
However, I don't want anyone OUTSIDE to be able to do forward or reverse
DNS for those machines. Is there an easy way to do this?

--Brett